SCHOOL COMMITTEE OFFICERS
Composition, election, terms, compensation and vacancies per charter.
A. Chair elected by majority vote of members at the organizational meeting and holds office until the next organizational meeting.
- Preside over meetings.
- Appoint committees.
- Set agenda after consulting with Superintendent.
- Call special meetings.
- Representative of School Committee for ceremonial purposes.
- Any other duties specified by School Committee.
- Vote on all matters.
- Shall have the right to participate in all discussions.
- Shall declare all votes.
- May temporarily relinquish Chair, at his/her discretion, to make any motion. This will last for the duration of discussion and voting on a single issue.
B. Vice-Chair elected by majority vote of members at organizational meeting and any regular meeting thereafter.
- Shall fulfill duties of the Chair in his/her absence.
C. Secretary elected by majority vote of the members at an organizational meeting and any regular meeting thereafter.
- Shall fulfill the duties of the Chair and Vice-Chair in their absence.
D. Officer may be removed by a majority vote for good cause shown.
REVISED: 11/17/2008, 12/01/2014