SMITHFIELD SCHOOL DEPARTMENT MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Smithfield School Department developed a strategic plan that was approved by the School Committee on January 21, 1997. This plan provides direction for the District and serves as the guiding force for future growth. The strategic plan is consistent with Rhode Island’s Comprehensive Education Strategy adopted by the RI Board of Regents in June 1996. Each Smithfield School has a site-specific plan approved by the School Committee that is aligned with the District and State plans.
Following is the mission of the Smithfield School Department:
Based on a foundation of community cooperation, the mission of the Smithfield Public School System is to educate, challenge, and inspire all students by setting high standards to instill the value of integrity and to develop effective communicators, analytical thinkers, and lifelong learners who contribute to their changing local and global community.
Following are the objectives of the Smithfield School Department:
- To have all of our students graduate.
- To have all of our students engaged in post-secondary educational programs, gainful employment, or an endeavor of their choice.
- To have all students demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and mathematics using standardized and alternative assessment measures.
- To have every student demonstrate integrity, good citizenship, and good character.
- To have our schools significantly increase parental and community involvement and support each year.
ADOPTED: Prior to 2017